The Site is owned and operated by Next Future Research srl, Chiavari, Italy.
We do not knowingly collect or process data from anyone under the age of eighteen (18) years old.
Who processes your personal data, and where?
Where you use Casa Zen’s services to connect with other people (for example, if you use the Casa Zen network to communicate with Travellers who may wish to rent your property) that communication will also be accessible to us and will be covered by this policy.
Our Site may also collect and store some information (including personal information) locally on your device using your browser and data caches. This could include, for example, photographs of properties you have viewed online.
Please also remember that when you share information on the Site, it may be indexable by search engines, including Google, which may mean that the information is made public. For example, if you review a property you have stayed at, the review and any information you provide as part of that review may be publicly accessible.
The information we collect
At various times you may give your personal data to us. For example, in order to send a request or enquiry from you to an Owner, we may need to know all or some of the following: your full name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, your current location, and, in the case of an Owner's listing, a method of payment. You may also give personal data to us at other times, such as when registering on the Site, when submitting an advertisement for a property or communicating with another user of the Site.
When you use the Site we may collect and process information about your actual location, including GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor or IP address data from your device.
We may also gather information from cookies, web beacons or from the internet. You can find out more about how we do that in the relevant section of this policy below and in our Cookies Policy. We use publicly accessible information to verify information we are provided with and to manage and expand Casa Zen’s business. We also collect IP addresses, mobile device identifier details, your location, navigation and click-stream data, the time of accessing the website, properties you viewed, what you searched for, the duration of your visit, and other details of your activity on the internet. If you ask us to connect with other sites (for example if you ask us to connect with your Facebook account) we may get information that way too. In connection with electronic communications we facilitate through a Site, we use electronic or manual checks to monitor such communications for trust and security purposes. For further details on how we collect personal data, see Surveys and Newsletters below. We obtain data from you either by you inputting your personal details, by the automatic collection of information about you as you use the Site, when we speak to you, or from third parties or websites. Third party information may include financial information which we use to prevent and detect fraud, information from your mobile provider if you are accessing the Site over a mobile device or information from a third party such as a social media or travel opinions site.
How we use your personal data
Our primary purpose in collecting your personal data is to provide you with the services you requested and those which we believe will optimize your use of the Site. You agree that we may use for personal data for the following purposes:
• For the services or support you request;
• To contact you from time to time with critical user or service updates;
• To send other messages that are useful to the service we provide on the Site;
• To assist people you have done (or agreed to do) business with. For example if you are an owner and a traveller who has booked or enquired with you needs your details we may pass them on; if you are a traveller and an owner you have booked with needs to contact you we may give them your details;
• To provide personalised, targeted, or location-based content, services, and advertising from us and third parties;
• To promote the services related to the Site or those of the Casa Zen and/or our affiliates by email and via social media platforms;
• To compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
• To provide information and statistics on the responsiveness of owners to enquiries on the Site, to improve travellers’ experience;
• To help us meet our legal and compliance obligations – for example we may use personal data we hold on you to do background checks, to screen prospective Owners against official lists in the UK and overseas and to do credit checks.
Casa Zen - Disclose Your Personal Data
We may disclose your personal data to enforce our policies, to comply with our legal obligations or in the interest of national security, public interest or law enforcement in any country where the Casa Zen has entities or affiliates. For example, we may respond to a valid request by a law enforcement agency or regulatory or governmental authority. We may also disclose data in connection with actual or proposed litigation, or to protect our property, people and other rights or interests.
We share your information with third parties who help deliver our products and services to you. Examples include hosting our web servers, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, and providing customer service. These companies will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not use that data for any other purpose. We will remain responsible for any information shared in this way.
We may also share your personal data with:
• if you opt in to receive information about the opportunities, products, or services of third parties, we supply your contact information to those third parties so they may contact you;
• When creating a profile on our Site, the information in your profile will available to be viewed by other Users of our Site.
• We will display your name (taken from your profile) with any content that you contribute to the Site (including an Owners description of a property, an Owners review of a Traveller or an Owners response to a Traveller review and a Traveller’s review of a property, forum posts or any other content submitted by a User).
• An Owner if you send them an enquiry through the Site;
• Another user if you have done or may do business with them;
• We may display statistics of usage, such as information related to the responsiveness of owners, in the listings;
• Companies in the Casa Zen and/or affiliates;
• Other companies we work with to feature all or part of our Owners’ property listings or otherwise provide promotional or other services related to our or Casa Zen ’s business. This might include featuring your listings and photographs on other websites; or
• Any third party you have asked us to share your personal data with – such as Facebook if you have asked us to connect with your Facebook account.
You may have accessed our website through a hyperlink from the website of one of our trading partners. If so, you consent to your personal details and purchase information, including behavioral patterns, being shared with that trading partner in accordance with our contractual relationship with them.
Enquiries and other Electronic Communications
Travellers may send enquiries to Owners via a Site, and Travellers and Owners may also communicate further with each other via tools on a Site.
If you choose to send an enquiry to an Owner on a Site, your personal information, including your email address and any other information you supply (unless the Site specifies otherwise), will be visible to the relevant Owner so that they can reply directly to you. Enquiries sent using the Casa Zen system are also available for review to a limited number of customer service employees, who may be asked by an Owner or others for their past enquiry information.
If Travellers and Owners further engage in communications through a Site, we also have access to those communications, which we monitor for trust and security purposes.
We may also from time to time, use third party e-mail servers to send and track receipt of such communications, and analyze the pattern of such communications for trust and security purposes as well as to gather data, such as enquiry and booking data (on an anonymous basis), to assist us in better understanding our business. Our system does not hold messages indefinitely and they may not be accessible after the message has been delivered to you. Please print a copy of any message which is important to you – for example a payment receipt or a booking confirmation.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information Once We Have It?
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to guard against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. While no system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by the Site reduce our vulnerability to security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved. We have security measures in place to protect our user database and access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains each user's responsibility:
• To protect against unauthorized access to your use of the Site;
• To ensure no-one else uses the Site while the user's device is logged on to the Site (including by logging on to your device through a mobile, Wi-Fi or share access connection you are using);
• To log off or exit from Site when not using it;
• Where relevant, to keep your password or other access information secret. Your password and log in details are personal to you and should not be given to anyone else or used to provide shared access for example over a network. You should use a password which is unique to your use of the Site – do not use the same password as you use for another site or email account; and
• To maintain good internet security. For example if your email account or Facebook account is compromised this could allow access to your account with us if you have given us those details and/or permitted access through those accounts. If your email account is compromised it could be used to ask us to reset a password and gain access to your account with us. You should keep all of your account details secure. If you think that any of your accounts has been compromised you should change your account credentials with us, and in particular make sure any compromised account does not allow access to your account with us. You should also tell us as soon as you can so that we can try to help you keep your account secure and if necessary warn anyone else who could be affected.
If you have asked us to share data with third party sites, however (such as Facebook) their servers may not be secure. Credit card information is generally stored by our credit card processing partners and we ask them to keep that data secure. We also use third parties to help us optimize our website flow, content and advertising (see below).
Note that, despite the measures taken by us and the third parties we engage, the internet is not secure. As a result others may nevertheless unlawfully intercept or access private transmissions or data.
What are Cookies, Web Beacons and Clear GIFs and Why Do We Use Them?
We gather and share information concerning the usage of the Site by Owners and Travellers with one or more third-party tracking companies for the purpose of reporting statistics. In this connection, some of the pages you visit on our Site use electronic images placed in the web page code, called pixel tags (also called a "clear GIFs" or "Web Beacons") that can serve many of the same purposes as cookies. Please click here to see the cookies we use when you browse our site.